Community Based Rehabilitation "RBC" Ruhango is a day center located in Ruhango Sector, Ruhango district working as a branch of HVP Gatagara. The center was created in 2006 with help from the Flanders Oriental Province. In line with HVP Gatagara’s vision of inclusion, it is the intention that parents should be educated to include their children in the community. Currently the center is particularly focused on children with mental impairment and multiple disabilities who require a more holistic approach .
We offer various services to children with disabilities e.g:
• The day center for special education (children aged 6-19 years)
• Early stimulation (children aged 0-6 years)
• Physiotherapy for children with psychomotor disability
• Home support and encouraging parents to join cooperatives.
In 2015, the center had limited capacity and a long waiting list for children. The center is regularly visited by 81 children grouped into the following categories (target groups):
• The children’s group for early stimulation and physio has 56 children, 23 girls and 33 boys.
• The children's group at the day center with special education counts 25 children.
The center has a mission of improving the quality of life for children and youth with mental disabilities, strengthening their social reintegration into the community and providing medical care for children with disabilities in partnership with their parents.